Reporting to Head of Laboratory, you will ensure day-to-day analytical duties are operated at the optimal level. You will also support the Head of Laboratory in achieving the Department’s strategy workplan and project initiatives.
- Ensure that all batches of samples are analysed for prohibited substances using the method of analysis (MOA) assigned for the sample type within the required turnaround guideline.
- Ensure that subordinates accurately report results of the analyses - this includes a continuing review of analytical performance and taking steps to ensure that the minimum performance criteria levels are being always met; Objective is also to expand the scope of testing on a continual basis so that new Prohibited Substances are not missed by the existing set of testing methodologies.
- Expand the scope of analysis by following up on “suspicious” compounds in samples that cannot be matched to a known Prohibited Substance.
- Supervise and ensure the analysis on pre- and post-race equine specimens.
- Supervise and ensure analysis on clearing quality assurance samples.
- Supervise and ensure analysis on other samples such as stock feed and medicine.
- Ensure the the team adhere to the ISO 17025 accreditation methods.
- As an approved signatory for ISO17025, validate and issue lab test reports.
- Train and manage Associate Analyst and Analyst.
- Able to operate LCMSMS and GCMSMS instruments, able to interpret MSMS data.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s/ PhD Degree in Science, majoring in Chemistry (Organic or Analytical preferred).
- Minimum 6 years of working experience; as advanced user of hands-on mass spectrometry.
- Experienced in the operation and optimisation of liquid chromatograph and/ or gas chromatograph to mass spectrometric detectors.
- Must be able to carry out routine maintenance and conduct troubleshooting on the MS instruments and LC and GC systems.
- Possess a good understanding on drug metabolisms.
- Able to plan and execute projects independently.
- Good communication skills and strong management skills, able to work with the team and lead the team.
- Able to work on weekends including public holidays, 5-day work week in total.
- Iso/Iec 17025
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management