At LTA, we don’t just build trains and roads – we build connections, as we transform the way people travel. Discover your best fit with roles here as diverse as the talented individuals that fill them.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport, which spearheads land transport developments in Singapore. As the agency responsible for planning, designing, building and maintaining Singapore’s land transport infrastructure and systems, we aim to bring about a greener and more inclusive public transport system, complemented by convenient options to walk and cycle from their homes or to their destinations. We leverage technology to strengthen our rail and bus infrastructure and provide exciting options for future land transport.
Senior Economist / Economist
You will play a key role in analysing land transport policies and initiatives, from an economic perspective in support of LTA’s mission. The scope includes:
- Undertaking econometric and statistical analysis of individual travel behaviour
- Conduct research into patterns of transport-related economic decisions
- Analyse the market structure, economic efficiency, and effectiveness of the regulation, competition and incentive frameworks in our land transport industry, using available data resources
- Enhance the quality of the Authority in economic analysis, you will also support efforts in establishing and promoting LTA’s connections to the wider community of researchers and practitioners in economics
- Tertiary qualification in Economics
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of micro-economics, especially with regard to transport issues
- Strong knowledge of econometric analysis, especially with regard to discrete choice and panel data modelling
- Knowledge of econometric software such as R and Stata
- Possess the drive and resourcefulness to produce innovative solutions
- Excellent written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Those without working experience are welcome to apply